There are several causes of damage to parked cars by shopping carts which include:
- negligence on the part of the supermarket for not hiring enough workers to monitor the movement of shopping carts;
- a worker is trying to return too many shopping carts at once and s/he loses control and runaway shopping carts roll off in all directions damaging parked cars into the process.
- an employee accidentally lets go of a shopping cart while retrieving carts from the parking lot;
- a shopper, after loading the car with shopping, forgets about the shopping cart and leaves it to its own devices and it rolls into nearby parked cars causing a lot of damage.
Types of Damages That Can Happen to You from a Shopping Cart Accident
One thing that can be said about a runaway shopping cart is that due to it being relatively light when compared to a car it is unlikely to total it when it hits it. It can certainly do some quite serious damage though like:
- damage to rear and front bumpers;
- damage to lights;
- scratches and nasty, unsightly dents to the car’s doors and side fenders.
As soon as you see how much damage has been done the first thing you may want to do is get compensated by the person who allowed the shopping cart to be a hazard in the parking lot. As long as you have the proof that the damage to your car has been done by an Aldi shopping cart, or any supermarket shopping cart you should be able to file a PI claim which includes car damage.
Why You Need a PI Attorney and What He or She Can Do to Help You
To ensure a damages claim is successful and you are fully compensated it is always sensible to seek assistance from a PI attorney who should ensure that the evidence is available like eye witness’s reports and photographs that proves what caused the damage to your car so that you get the settlement you deserve.
- Personal Injury Attorneys in Your State
- Making a Claim for Chipped Paint
- Determining Personal Damages
*The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against Aldi, or any other party, you may not be entitled to any compensation.