We hope you find this information helpful!

If you need help with your personal injury case, click here.

Personal Injury Claims Against Oklahoma City*

Government entities, including cities, get special legal protection that helps them avoid lawsuits. In order to file a personal injury claim against the city so you can recoup medical expenses and damages, you will need the assistance of a personal injury attorney. An attorney can help you file all the appropriate paperwork and navigate your way through the complex and detailed personal injury claims process.

Filing a Personal Injury Claim with the City

In order to file a personal injury claim against, a specific claims process must be followed. To file a personal injury claim with the city, you must complete the proper form that is available on the city's website. The claim form must be completed in detail and supporting evidence must be provided to back up the claim.

The claimant must give a complete description of what happened and provide supporting photographs that show the damage. If a pothole or defect was involved, you will need to supply photos of that as well.

For vehicle damage, at least two estimates must be provided. For medical claims, medical bills and information about health insurance must be provided. The claim must be sent to the Municipal Counselor’s Office and you will be notified in writing that the claim has been received. The city has 90 days to investigate your claim before you can take legal action against the city regarding your claim.

Seeking the Help of an Attorney

If you have suffered an injury or property damage because of negligence caused by a government entity, you can benefit significantly by consulting with an experienced personal injury attorney. Because personal injury claims are complicated and the negotiations process can be very complicated, an attorney can work on your behalf to negotiate a fair settlement and to ensure you are treated fairly.

There are time restrictions and detailed processes that must be followed when filing a claim against a governmental entity, such as the city. Make sure you follow all the specific guidelines and get legal assistance to ensure you get fair compensation for your property damage and/or injuries. Just understand that it is a complicated and time consuming process.

*The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against Oklahoma City, or any other party, you may not be entitled to any compensation.

Do You Need Help Getting Justice In Your State?

Find out more below.

  • Arkansas    
  • California    
  • Connecticut    
  • Florida    
  • Georgia    
  • Idaho    
  • Indiana
  • Louisiana    
  • Maryland    
  • Massachusetts   
  • Michigan   
  • Missouri    
  • Montana    
  • Nevada    
  • New Hampshire    
  • New Jersey    
  • New Mexico    
  • New York    
  • South Carolina    
  • Texas    
  • Utah    
  • Virginia    
  • West Virginia    
  • Wisconsin    
  • Wyoming