We hope you find this information helpful!

If you need help with your personal injury case, click here.

Filing A Family Dollar Slip and Fall Claim In Michigan*

If you slipped and fell in a Family Dollar or any other discount store in Michigan, you can file a claim to recover damages. Slip and fall accidents often lead to personal injury claims. If you can prove that the Family Dollar or any other discount store acted negligently, you can recoup compensation for the damages you suffered when you fell at the store. Here is a closer look at filing a Family Dollar or any other discount store slip and fall claim in Michigan.

What Are Michigan Slip And Fall Laws?

Premises liability comes into play when there is a slip and fall claim. The property owner is responsible for dangerous conditions. This means that any repairs must be made in a timely manner and that the property owner must address any dangers or fall risks that are apparent. If the danger has existed for a time long enough that the owner should have been aware of the threat, then he or she is responsible for the injuries caused.

Michigan uses the comparative negligence model. This means that even if you are considered 99% at fault for your slip and fall, then you can ask to be compensated for the other party’s 1% fault. If you can show Family Dollar or any other discount store is even 1% to blame, you can file a claim for the slip and fall injuries and damages against Family Dollar or any other discount store in which you suffered a slip and fall accident.

How Long Do I Have to File A Slip And Fall Claim Against A Discount Store In Michigan?

To pursue a personal injury claim in Michigan, there is a three-year statute of limitations. This means that you must file the claim against Family Dollar or any other discount store within three years from the slip and fall incident in which you suffered injuries. You will need to maintain thorough documentation, gather supporting evidence, and make sure you report the injuries to the Family Dollar store.

What Do I Need to Prove My Claim Against A Discount Store In Michigan?

If you suffered damages in a slip and fall accident in a Family Dollar or any other discount store in Michigan, you will need to be able to prove a few things to show that the store is liable for your injuries. Here is a closer look at what you will need:

  • The store knew about the dangerous conditions
  • The store acted negligently
  • The accident caused the damages and injuries you are claiming
  • The cost of medical care for your injuries, lost wages and missed work, pain, and suffering, and any other damages you are claiming because of the slip and fall

Get In Touch with A Lawyer That Takes Michigan Slip and Fall Cases

Complete a Free Case Evaluation Today. If you suffered injuries in a slip and fall in a Family Dollar or any other discount store in Michigan, you should enlist the help of a Michigan personal injury lawyer. Work with an attorney to improve your chances of a successful claim.

*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against Family Dollar or any other party, you may not be entitled to compensation.

Additional Resources

Do You Need Help Getting Justice In Your State?

Find out more below.


  • Arkansas    
  • California    
  • Connecticut    
  • Florida    
  • Georgia    
  • Idaho    
  • Indiana
  • Louisiana    
  • Maryland    
  • Massachusetts   
  • Michigan   
  • Missouri    
  • Montana    
  • Nevada    
  • New Hampshire    
  • New Jersey    
  • New Mexico    
  • New York    
  • South Carolina    
  • Texas    
  • Utah    
  • Virginia    
  • West Virginia    
  • Wisconsin    
  • Wyoming