Burger King, like other fast food restaurants, is a busy fast food restaurant in which customers may drop food on the floor, causing slip and fall hazards. It is up to the restaurant to maintain its restaurants to high standards so that slip and fall accidents do not take place. If a customer is injured in a slip and fall accident, s/he may be able to file for personal injury compensation if the restaurant is found to be the cause of the accident.
What to Do if Injured From a Slip and Fall at a Fast Food Restaurant
The first thing you could do if injured is to tell the restaurant’s manager. This not only helps to prove that your slip and fall injury was caused at the fast food place, but it will stop others falling into the same trap if the hazard is removed. If you are seriously injured, you could ask a member of your family to contact the restaurant manager. The next thing you may do is seek medical treatment for your slip and fall injury.
Injuries From a Slip and Fall Accident at a Fast food Restaurant
Injuries that are caused from a slip and fall accident may depend on whether you fell forwards or backwards but they could include any of the following:
- traumatic brain injury if you fall forwards and hit your hard on a sharp, hard object;
- fractured arm if you try to break the fall with an outstretched arm;
- spinal injury leading to quadriplegia or paraplegia when you fall backwards and hit your spine;
- shoulder and neck injuries;
- facial lacerations if you hit your face on a sharp object.
What to Do if Injured at Fast food Restaurant.
The steps you could take when you are injured at a fast food restaurant, once you have informed the manager, include getting a diagnosis from your treating physician, gathering evidence to support your personal injury claim and discussing your PI claim with a personal injury lawyer.
Evidence to Prove Your Injury Was From Fast Food Restaurant Slip and Fall
The evidence that is needed to help prove fault for your injury from the slip and fall at restaurant could be any of the following:
- a copy of your report to the manager manager;
- a medical report from your doctor;
- invoices for unpaid medical treatment;
- eye-witness’s written testimonials confirming the slip and fall took place;
- photos showing the slip and fall hazard;
- photos retrieved from security cameras.
Get Help With Your Claim
An experienced personal injury lawyer can organize your evidence, prepare your personal injury claim and present it to the restaurant's insurer. The lawyer may have a better chance of winning a favorable settlement than if you file the claim on your own. Complete the free case evaluation form available below.
- Burger King Slip And Fall Claim Worth
- How Long Does It Take To Settle A Slip And Fall Case Against Burger King?
Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against Burger King, or another party, you may not be entitled to any compensation.