Five Below, like other discount stores, sell products for both youth and adults. It is so busy that products are often knocked off shelves by customers, causing slip and fall hazards to take place. Five Below, like any discount store, is required to maintain sufficient staff levels so that the discount store can prevent slip and fall accidents taking place. If it doesn’t and a customer is injured in a slip and fall accident the victim may be able to file a personal injury claim for the financial hardship caused by an unexpected slip and fall accident.
What to Do if Injured From a Slip and Fall Accident at a Discount Store
As soon as you are injured in a slip and fall accident at a Five Below, or any other store, you could do the following:
- tell the store’s manager;
- seek medical attention for your injuries;
- keep the copies of your medical treatment invoices.
Injuries From a Slip and Fall Accident at a Discount Store
The Injuries that may occur at a slip and fall at a store could include any of the following:
- head injuries or traumatic brain injuries if you fall forwards;
- fractured arm if you fall heavily on your arm as you slip and fall;
- back injuries like a spinal cord injury which could lead to quadriplegia or paraplegia;
- facial lacerations or eye injuries if you fall onto a sharp object.
What to Do if Injured at Discount Store
The steps to take when you are injured at a discount store could be the following:
- get your doctor’s diagnosis and treatment administered;
- gather together the evidence to prove the discount store was negligent which caused your slip and fall;
- contact a personal injury lawyer to help you with your PI claim.
Evidence to Prove Your Injury was from a Discount store
The evidence that is needed help prove fault for your injury from the slip and fall at a discount store could be any of the following:
- a copy of the letter informing the manager of your slip and fall accident;
- eye-witness reports indicating who or what caused the slip and fall accident;
- receipts for medical treatment paid for;
- invoices for unpaid medical treatment;
- photos showing the slip and fall hazard;
- evidence retrieved from the store’s security cameras.
Get Help With Your Claim
Your chosen personal injury lawyer will take the evidence you have gathered and submit it to the insurer. The lawyer should have a higher chance of winning a favorable personal injury settlement than if you tried to file a claim on your own. Complete the free case evaluation available below.
Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against a Five Below store, or another party, you may not be entitled to any compensation.