We hope you find this information helpful!

If you need help with your personal injury case, click here.

Can’t Work After Accident With A City Vehicle*

Thousands of people are injured in car crashes every day. If you have been injured in a car accident with a city vehicle or any other vehicle and it has left you unable to work, you may be able to recover compensation for your damages through a personal injury claim. You will need to prove that the accident was caused by the negligence of a city employee, so you can hold the city liable for your damages and injuries.

Injuries That Occur After Accident With A City Vehicle

As you would with any auto accident, if you have been hit by a city vehicle you should call the police. Stay on the accident scene and get an accident report completed by law enforcement. If you are physically able to do so, you should take photos of the crash scene. Get written statements from any witnesses and ask for their contact details. You should establish medical care right away and be sure to keep copies of medical bills and medical records.

To have a successful personal injury claim, you will need to prove that the driver of the city vehicle was negligent. All four elements of negligence must be proven. When you can do this, then you will have a successful personal injury claim. Because it was a city vehicle, the process will not be the same was with a personal vehicle. Cities are government agencies, which have special protections.

Filing A Personal Injury Claim After Accident With A City Vehicle

You will need to keep track of your injuries after having been hit by a city vehicle. Also, all your damages should be itemized. Common damages suffered in such crashes are property damages, medical expenses, future medical expenses, future lost wages, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damages, mental anguish, permanent scarring and disfigurement, loss of enjoyment of life, and loss of consortium.

 Can’t Work After Accident With A City Vehicle

Working With A Personal Injury Attorney

If you were hit by a city vehicle, you should consult with a personal injury lawyer. Pursuing a personal injury claim against a government entity, such as a city, can be a challenge. A personal injury lawyer who is licensed in your state is familiar with the state and local laws, how to pursue a claim against the city, the proper protocol and statute of limitations, and how to make sure your claim is in proper order.

Your lawyer will determine your damages and will handle everything effectively and efficiently. With the help of an attorney, you are much more likely to recover compensation for your damages. There are strict limits on what you can recover and how much you can recover from a city in such situations. Don’t wait until it is too late to get your claim underway. Personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, so you have no upfront costs. Get your free case review today.

Additional Resources

*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against the city or any other government entity, you may not be entitled to compensation.

Do You Need Help Getting Justice In Your State?

Find out more below.

  • Arkansas    
  • California    
  • Connecticut    
  • Florida    
  • Georgia    
  • Idaho    
  • Indiana
  • Louisiana    
  • Maryland    
  • Massachusetts   
  • Michigan   
  • Missouri    
  • Montana    
  • Nevada    
  • New Hampshire    
  • New Jersey    
  • New Mexico    
  • New York    
  • South Carolina    
  • Texas    
  • Utah    
  • Virginia    
  • West Virginia    
  • Wisconsin    
  • Wyoming