Underinsured Motorist Ran Me Off The Road

If you are involved in an accident that is caused by another driver’s negligence, you hope the other driver is adhering to the law and is covered by the proper auto insurance coverage. There is a state minimum coverage that drivers are required to have in each state. If serious injuries result or if the damages are major, such as a vehicle is totaled, the insurance coverage might not be enough to cover the damages. In that case, you will have to file a claim with your underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage of your auto insurance policy to cover the rest of the damages.

What To Do If An Underinsured Motorist Runs You Off The Road

If you are run off the road by another vehicle, always stay on the scene of the crash and call the police. You will want to make sure an accident report is filed. If the other car leaves the scene, remember as many details as you can about the crash and the other vehicle. If you can tell the officer the color, make, and model of vehicle and its direction of travel, then the police are much more likely to catch up with the other driver and be able to identify them. If possible, get photos of the accident scene from all angles and show the vehicle damages.

Establish medical care right away so you can connect your injuries to the crash that resulted. If you delay medical care, it might be hard to prove that your injuries were caused by the crash in which you were run off the road by the uninsured motorist. Be sure to maintain thorough documentation that shows your damages. Examples of documentation that can support your claim will include:

  • Medical bills
  • Medical records
  • Repair estimates
  • Tow bills
  • Rental car receipts
  • Proof of missed work and lost wages

Be sure to include all your damages in your personal injury claim and itemize those damages and the value of each of those damages before adding them up to come up with an overall total. Your personal injury lawyer will help you determine the damages you suffered and will come up with the overall value of your personal injury claim after an underinsured motorist ran you off the road.

 Underinsured Motorist Ran Me Off The Road

Consult With A Personal Injury Lawyer

If you have been run off the road by an underinsured motorist, you will need to enlist the help of a personal injury lawyer who is licensed in your state. With the help of an accident injury attorney, you are much more likely to recoup compensation for the damages that you suffered in the crash. Because personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, you will not pay anything out of pocket. Instead, your lawyer will be paid only when your claim has been settled or you have won your case. At that time, your lawyer will receive a pre-agreed percentage of your settlement or judgment. Schedule your free case review today, so you can get your claim on track.

Additional Resources: