You are here

Do You Need An Attorney To Sue The City Of Fort Worth?*

Fort Worth is a city in north central Texas with a population of 874,168 people. It became an important trading post for cowboys at the end of the Chisolm Trail in the late 19th century. It is now a modern city with international art institutes, such as the Kimbell Art Museum. The Fort Worth Stockyards are home to multiple rodeos. It is the fifth most populous city in the state. It is the home of Texas Christian University.

What Kinds Of Damages Might Be Suffered In An Accident Caused By The City Of Fort Worth?

Government entities, such as states and cities, are protected from lawsuits. But there are Torts Claim Acts that have been enacted that involve these entities waving that protection when negligence is involved. For example, if a city streets worker came to work intoxicated and crashed a city vehicle into you, then the city would be held liable. Or, if the city failed to fix a sidewalk that they know had needed repairs for several months and you tripped and suffered a serious head injury because of it, they would be liable.

You can ask to be compensated for several different damages because of Fort Worth’s negligence. Here are a few of the more common damages that are claimed in such accidents:

  • Property damages
  • Loss of earnings – both past and future
  • Pain and suffering
  • Medical expenses – both past and future
  • Mental anguish
  • Permanent scarring and disfigurement
  • Loss of enjoyment of life
  • Loss of consortium

You should claim all the damages in a single claim. Your accident injury attorney will help you with this.


Pursuing A Personal Injury Claim Against The City Of Fort Worth

Pursuing a personal injury claim against the City of Fort Worth isn’t like pursuing a claim against an individual. You must prove liability and you must show your damages. The Texas Tort Claims Act indicates than $250,000 per person and $500,000 per single occurrence of death or bodily injury. Property damages are limited to $10,000. You will need a Fort Worth personal injury lawyer to help you with your personal injury claim against the City of Fort Worth.

Consult With A Personal Injury Attorney

If you suffered damages because of the negligence of the City of Fort Worth, you should consult with a personal injury attorney who is licensed in Texas. With the help of an attorney, your odds of a successful personal injury claim will increase significantly. Personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, so you have nothing at all to lose. Complete the Free Case Evaluation Form today!

*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against the city of Fort Worth, or the state government of Texas or any other party, you may not be entitled to any compensation.

Additional Resources

Call Now For a Free Case Evaluation: 844-650-3888