We hope you find this information helpful!

If you need help with your personal injury case, click here.

Hit by a Distracted Driver in a Construction Zone

Statistics indicate that every year approximately 4,700 Americans lose their lives in an accident that has taken place in a construction zone on a highway. These are sites that drivers have to live with all over the country because of constant road developments and improvements. They are places where drivers have to be particularly vigilant as there is a higher chance an accident is likely to take place.

Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case and drivers will still text and talk even if there are hazards on the highway. If you have been involved in an accident in a construction zone and you have been hit by a distracted driver causing serious injuries to yourself and damage to your vehicle, you should talk to a personal injury lawyer to discuss your chances of winning personal injury compensation from the at-fault driver to cover the cost of the financial hardship caused by the accident.

How to Prove Liability in a Construction Zone Accident

When it comes to proving who caused your accident you will need to provide certain key information which is as follows:

  • names and addresses of witnesses who saw the accident taking place
  • the police report written by the officer attending the accident scene
  • a medical report from your physician explaining the extent of your injuries
  • receipts for car repairs and medical costs
  • details of your lost wages while recovering
  • an estimate provided by your lawyer for your pain and suffering compensation.

The Process for Filing a Personal Injury Claim in a Construction Zone Accident

As soon as you have gathered together all the evidence, your lawyer will go ahead and compile your claim to be presented to the insurer of the at-fault distracted driver. The lawyer may include an amount to cover:

  • all your medical treatment, including an estimate for treatment required in the future
  • the amount you have lost in wages
  • the repair bill for your vehicle
  • an amount to cover the value of the pain and suffering you have endured due to the accident caused by a distracted driver in a construction zone

Distracted Driver in Construction Zone

If there is strong proof that the driver was deliberately negligent, your lawyer may calculate the value of punitive damages too. There is a set time given for filing a personal injury claim, which is called the statute of limitations. This could be anything from 12 months to 3 years depending on the state where the accident happened.

You May Need a Personal Injury Lawyer

When it comes to filing a personal injury claim, an experienced personal injury lawyer is likely to win a more favorable claim. Insurance adjusters will take more notice and will be more likely to negotiate a deal favorable to you if you use a lawyer. If you try to do this on your own you may end up with a token amount being offered which falls short of the financial hardship you have experienced.

Additional Resources

Do You Need Help Getting Justice In Your State?

Find out more below.

  • Arkansas    
  • California    
  • Connecticut    
  • Florida    
  • Georgia    
  • Idaho    
  • Indiana
  • Louisiana    
  • Maryland    
  • Massachusetts   
  • Michigan   
  • Missouri    
  • Montana    
  • Nevada    
  • New Hampshire    
  • New Jersey    
  • New Mexico    
  • New York    
  • South Carolina    
  • Texas    
  • Utah    
  • Virginia    
  • West Virginia    
  • Wisconsin    
  • Wyoming