If you have suffered injuries because of a car crash that resulted because of faulty repairs, you might be wondering where to turn for help. If the repair was the cause of the crash, the liability might fall back on the repair shop and the mechanic who handled the repair.
When your car has mechanical issues, you take it to a repair facility to address those problems so you can safely operate your vehicle. You entrust the repair facility and its mechanics to properly address the problems and make your vehicle safe to operate. Instead, a faulty repair would your car unsafe and can lead to greater risks for you and your family.
If you need help filing a personal injury claim after a faulty car repair caused you to crash, you should speak with a personal injury attorney as soon as you can. A personal injury can help pinpoint who is at fault for an auto accident, and make sure you claim the correct amount of damages in a personal injury claim.
Proving the Problem
When a vehicle's faulty repairs cause a crash, you have the burden of proving that the repair was indeed faulty and that the faulty repair is what caused the accident. While often, mechanical failure is easy to prove it might be more challenging to prove that the repair was faulty.
In this case, you will have to provide receipts to show that the repair was indeed made by the specific mechanic or repair facility in question. You will then have to prove that repair was indeed faulty. That means you will have to get another mechanic to serve as an expert witness and testify that the repairs were not done correctly and that was what caused the crash.
Kinds of Injuries Sustained in a Crash
A crash caused by a faulty repair can be serious in nature. There can be a variety of different injuries resulting from such an accident. Here are some hypothetical scenarios regarding kinds of injuries you might suffer:
- The impact caused you to lose control of the car and threw you around, breaking several ribs and an arm. You will need ongoing medical care during the recovery process.
- Your airbags deployed causing bruising, lacerations, and swelling. You will miss several days of work while you recover.
- Your car overturned causing spinal injuries and brain trauma. You will need care for the rest of your life.
- The crash impact was in your door breaking your arm and ribs and will require a lengthy recovery.
- You hit the dash of your car injuring your legs and knees causing the need for therapy and rehabilitative services.
- The faulty repair caused a fire that resulted in burns to your hands and arms that required the need for treatment by a burn specialist.
Consult with a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have suffered injuries in a car crash caused by a faulty repair, you should consult with an experienced personal injury attorney. It can be challenging to proceed with these kinds of claims because the problems regarding the repair have to be proven in court. A skilled personal injury lawyer can handle these claims by conducting a thorough investigation into the accident and why it happened. Your attorney will pursue the various damages that you may be entitled to receive as a result of the accident.