If you are riding your motorcycle and you are involved in an accident with a postal truck, you can suffer serious damages and injuries. In such a situation, you might suffer damages where you can recover compensation through a personal injury claim.
Some common damages that might be suffered in motorcycle crashes with postal trucks include medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and property damages.
Injuries You Might Suffer in an Accident With a Postal Service Truck
The severity of your injuries and damages are dependent upon the speed of the vehicles at the time of the crash, the angle of the impact, and how hard the impact is. Some of the injuries that you might suffer in an accident with a postal truck include:
- Cuts and lacerations - When your bike overturns or you are thrown from it, you can suffer cuts and lacerations from the bike itself, the other vehicle, objects that you hit, and the road.
- Broken fingers - You can suffer broken fingers when your bike overturns or your fingers could be caught on the brake by the impact of the postal vehicle.
- Strained ankle - You will try to stop the bike and stay upright, you so you might suffer a strained ankle when you try to prevent the crash.
You can ask to be compensated for your medical expenses in your personal injury claim. Keep all medical records and bills and include them with your documentation supporting your claim. To find out what steps you need to take in order to file a personal injury claim click here.
Damages to Your Motorcycle
When you are involved in an accident with a postal vehicle, your bike will suffer various damages. There are a variety of damages that your bike can suffer in such crash. Here are a few of the damages that are more likely to result:
- Paint - When your bike is hit by the postal vehicle or when it overturns, it is going to suffer damage to the paint. Most likely, your bike will completely need to be repainted.
- Headlights - The impact might damage or break off your headlight. In such situations, your lights and the wiring will need repaired or replaced.
- Motor - Mechanical damage to the motor can occur from the initial impact with the vehicle or when the bike overturns. The motor might need to be repaired or it might need to be replaced.
Get any estimates for damages or keep receipts for any repairs that you have done. You can file a claim for personal property damages as part of your personal injury claim.
Getting Help Today
If you have suffered damages or injuries from an accident with a postal truck, you should consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer experienced in handling motorcycle injury claims. Your attorney won't be paid until he or she gets you a settlement or judgment, so you have nothing to lose and there will not be up-front costs.
Because a statute of limitations applies to personal injury claims, you should schedule your free case evaluation today so you can recover the compensation you deserve for your damages. To speak to a personal injury attorney in your area, take our Free Case Evaluation today.