If you were involved in an accident in a pickup truck, you have likely suffered property damages. Those damages might include a damaged truck bed. You will need to prove that your property damages were a result of the car accident in question. Maintaining supporting documentation is key to having a successful claim. You will need to show that negligence caused the crash in order to have a claim that is successful. Your personal injury attorney will help you show that negligence was the cause of your crash and will also help you gather supporting documentation for your case.
Supporting Evidence and Documentation
To prove that the truck bed damage was caused by the crash, you will need to show that the damages did take place at the scene of the accident. Maintaining thorough documentation is a necessity for a successful personal injury claim. Here are some things you should do to protect your rights after an accident so you can get your property damage claim on the right track.
- Stay at the accident scene and call the police. You will need an accident report. The officer will review the damages, talk to drivers and witnesses, and determine preliminary fault. The officer will also review the damages and the injuries and provide you with a detailed report.
- If you are physically able to do so, then get photos of the crash scene. These photos can show where the crash occurred, how it occurred, the extent of the damages, and fault.
- Exchange insurance information and contact details with the other driver. Be sure you get the make and model of vehicle and the license plate information.
- Ask any witnesses to provide written statements regarding what they saw. Also, get their names and contact details so you can give the information to your lawyer for additional contact and information.
- Gather supporting documentation, such as medical bills, medical records, repair estimates for fixing the damaged truck bed, proof of missed work and lost wages, photos of the damages and of the accident scene, and any other supporting documentation that you can gather.
Consult With a PI Attorney
If you have a damaged truck bed because of a car accident, you should enlist the help of an accident injury lawyer. With the aid of a personal injury lawyer, you are more likely to recover compensation for your losses. Personal injury lawyers work on contingency, so you will not pay out of pocket. Instead, your attorney will get paid when your personal injury case has been won and you get compensated through a judgment or a settlement.
You do have a strict time limit for pursuing a personal injury claim after a car crash, so don’t wait until it is too late to receive compensation for your damages. Get your free case review from an accident injury lawyer who handles such cases in your area.