You are here

Can a Doctor Help Your Claim for a Slip and Fall at a 7-Eleven*?

Few people even think twice when they pop into a 7-Eleven for a coffee, something to eat or groceries. Although accidents in these sorts of places are not common, they do occur. Probably the most common type of accident is of the slip and fall or trip and fall type.

Typically, these accidents occur when there is something on the floor that shouldn’t be there and is a hazard to customers. Responsible store managers make sure that hazards are removed as soon as they are brought to their attention.

If you are a victim of a slip, trip and fall accident in somewhere like a 7-Eleven and believe that the accident shouldn’t have happened if the store managers had been more proactively careful, then you have the option of filing a claim for compensation. Your doctor, as well as a personal injury attorney, can both help you with a claim.

Making a Claim Against 7-Eleven

You can only justifiably file a personal injury claim against 7-Eleven, or the managers at the store, if you are sure that you were injured while in the store as a result of their carelessness or negligence. You will need to prove that the store staff, or management, acted in a negligent manner and that this directly contributed to your accident and injury.

In the context of a 7-Eleven, the typical scenario that could cause a slip or trip hazard would be something slippery on the floor. It might be a drink that has spilled on to the floor, or a wet surface left over from cleaning, or goods that have fallen on the floor from a shelf in the store.

To prove 7-Eleven's negligence you would have to demonstrate that the store managers did nothing to address the problem immediately, but left it to remain a hazard. If the hazard only appeared minutes before you had the accident, this would be unlikely to be evidence of negligence.

Can a Doctor Help Your Claim for a Slip and Fall at a 7-Eleven*?

How a Doctor Can Help You With a Claim

Your doctor will be an important part of filing a personal injury claim. The doctor will provide an up to date report identifying any injuries you have received and provide advice about what you should do to treat them. This may include hospital treatment and additional services from a specialist.

The more complex your injuries and the longer you are unable to return to work, the more you will need to claim in compensation. Your doctor’s report will be central to calculating how much you can claim, together with bills you receive from other health professionals.

Another important reason why your doctor will help you make your claim is the calculation of any “pain and suffering” component. Your doctor and any other specialists will provide testimony that can be used to support a pain and suffering claim.

A Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You With Your Claim

In addition to your doctor, who can provide medical advice, the other professional whose advice matters in any personal injury claim is an experienced attorney who can provide valuable legal advice.

Generally, most personal injury attorneys provide free initial consultations and will negotiate on your behalf if they consider your chances of obtaining compensation to be good. Legal fees tend to be deferred until a settlement is obtained. To consult with a personal injury lawyer, complete the Free Case Evaluation on this page.

*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against 7-Eleven, or any other party, you may not be entitled to any compensation.

Additional Resources

Call Now For a Free Case Evaluation: 844-650-3888