You are here

What to Do If You Are in an Accident With RTCSNV*

The Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada (RTCSNV) offers bus service in the metropolitan Clark County area. Most of the transportation services are provided in the Las Vegas Valley area with route services being regularly scheduled throughout the Clark County region. The bus service is frequently referred to as RTC, and it has a fleet of 408 fixed route vehicles and 300 paratransit vehicles serving 51 routes, four stations, and 3,900 stops.

On the average day, ridership is 178,390 people. The RTCSNV was founded in 1992 as Citizens Area Transit. If you suffered injuries in an accident caused by an RTCSNV employee, you might be able to recoup compensation through a personal injury claim.

What Damages Might Result From an Accident Involving RTCSNV

You could suffer injuries in an accident involving RTCSNV in one of many ways. As an example, you could suffer a slip and fall in the aisle of a bus that leaves you with a back injury. You could suffer a broken arm in a bus crash. You might be crossing the street as a pedestrian when you were hit by a bus. Your car could be T-boned by a bus that runs a stop sign.

If you are involved in an accident with RTCSNV, be sure you notify the proper authorities. Always report the accident and ensure an accident report is completed. Seek medical care right away, as it is important to establish treatment.

You'll need to keep thorough documentation to support your personal injury claim, which can include medical bills, paperwork showing missed work and any lost wages, written repair estimates if there was damage to your car, and medical bills if you were hospitalized. Here are examples of common personal injury damages that might result after a car crash:

  • Medical bills (both current and upcoming)
  • Lost wages (future as well)
  • Pain & suffering
  • Damages to your property
  • Permanent scarring and disfigurement
  • Disabilities
  • Loss of enjoyment of life
  • Loss of consortium

What to Do If You Are in an Accident With RTCSNV*

Pursuing a Personal Injury Claim Against the RTCSNV

Pursuing a claim against the RTCSNV is not the same as pursuing a claim against an individual. While Nevada has a two-year statute of limitations for pursuing personal injury claims, that timeframe drops to six months for pursuing a personal injury claim against a government entity, such as Clark County or the RTCSNV.

The state of Nevada has a cap of $100,000 on personal injury claims against government entities, so that applies as well. You will need to file a notice of claim with Clark County and provide supporting documentation to show your damages and what happened.

They have 90 days to respond to your claim. If it is denied or if you don’t get a response, you may be able to pursue a personal injury lawsuit.

Consult With a Personal Injury Lawyer

If you were injured in an accident with RTCSNV and you believe they are liable for your damages, consult with a Stockton personal injury attorney. Accident injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, so you have nothing to lose. Complete the Free Case Evaluation Form today to get your claim reviewed by an attorney in your area who can help you determine the best way to proceed.

*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada (RTCSNV), or any other party, you may not be entitled to any compensation.

Additional Resources

Call Now For a Free Case Evaluation: 844-650-3888