What To Do If You Slip And Fall A Store
When you go into a a bagel-selling establishment, you expect the facilities to be safe. If the employees fail to clean up messes or fix any damage, they are acting negligently, and they are responsible for any damages that result. As an example, if you go in a location then slip and fall because of a spilled drink that the employees failed to clean up or they didn’t put up a wet floor warning sign, the chain is responsible for your damages. Here are some tips for what to do after a slip and fall:
- Be sure to notify the management because they will need to be aware of the situation so they can complete an accident report. Be detailed in your account of what happened and how it happened.
- Ask any witnesses for their names and contact details then ask them to provide written statements regarding what happened and how it happened.
- Get photos of the accident scene. Be sure to show any damages or spills that contributed to your fall. Get photos of any visible injuries.
- Establish medical care right away. You will want to go to a nearby healthcare provider and get checked out so there is no question as to whether your injuries were caused by the slip and fall.
- Maintain documentation, such as medical bills, medical records, proof of missed work and lost wages, and prescription receipts.
Consult With A Personal Injury Attorney
You have a limited time to pursue a personal injury claim after a slip and fall in the restaurant. You don’t want to wait too long to recover damages. Consult with a personal injury attorney who handles premises liability cases in your state. Personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, so your lawyer isn’t paid until your case has been won. Get your free case review today, so you can determine the best way to proceed with a personal injury claim. With the help of a lawyer you are much more likely to win your claim and get compensated.
*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against Einstein Bros. Bagels or another party, you may not be entitled to any compensation.