What To Do If You Slip And Fall in a Restaurant
If there is a spill or a mess at an eatery, you expect the employees to clean it up as they should. They should also put up a wet floor sign as a warning to help avoid accidents. Floors, carpeting, and rugs should be well-maintained with no loose tiles or turned up corners to cause a fall. If you have suffered injuries in a slip and fall, here are some steps to take to protect your rights and preserve evidence:
- Notify the store management of your slip and fall. An accident report will need to be completed.
- Look to see if there are surveillance cameras that may have caught the incident on video as that could be helpful.
- Ask any witnesses to provide written statements and be sure to get names and contact details.
- Try to get photos of the accident scene, as this will show the cause of your injuries and will prove that there were no warnings.
- Establish medical treatment right away. Some injuries aren’t obvious right away, and you want to make sure you are checked by a medical professional. Otherwise, it can be difficult to prove your injuries were caused by the slip and fall in the restaurant.
- Consult with a personal injury attorney who handles premises liability cases.
Consult With A Personal Injury Attorney
If you slipped and fell at a restaurant, you should consult with a personal injury lawyer who handles slip and fall cases in your state. Personal injury claims can be challenging, and most big restaurant chains will have legal representation that helps them refute your claim. With an attorney on your side, you are much more likely to recover compensation for your losses. You will not have to pay anything upfront because personal injury attorneys work on a contingency basis. That means you pay nothing out of pocket and your lawyer is only paid after your case has been won. Get your free case evaluation today, so you can make sure your claim gets underway before the statute of limitations expires.
*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against El Pollo Loco or another party, you may not be entitled to any compensation.