What to Do If You Slip and Fall
If you are going into a burger restaurant you can expect the store to be clean and free from obstacles. If the employees failed to clean the store or keep it free from obstacles, and if they did not, then they are liable for your damages because of your negligence.
You will need to maintain documentation to support your evidence. Here are some ways you can preserve your personal injury claim after your slip and fall:
- Be sure you notify the store management of your slip and fall. You will need to explain what happened and how it happened. Be sure to detail them of your injuries.
- If your injuries are severe, be sure to call an ambulance.
- Ask any witnesses to provide you with their names and contact details. Get written statements from them that detail what they saw.
- Establish medical care right away to prove that your injuries were the result of your slip and fall. Postponing your care can cost you the claim because it might look as if your injuries weren’t the result of the slip and fall.
- Maintain thorough records and documentation that show your damages. These documents can include your medical bills, medical records, prescription receipts, proof of missed work and lost wages, copies of physician notes and medical excuses, a copy of the accident report, and witness statements.
Consult With a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you slipped and fell, you should consider recovering your damages through a personal injury claim. With the help of a personal injury attorney, you are much more likely to recoup compensation for your damages.
Personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, so you will not pay anything upfront. Your lawyer will not be compensated until you win your case and get a judgment or a settlement.
Since there is nothing to lose, get your Free Case Evaluation today! There is a strict time limit to filing a claim, so don’t wait too long.
*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against Whataburger or any other party, you may not be entitled to any compensation.