We hope you find this information helpful!

If you need help with your personal injury case, click here.

Personal Injury Help in Kentucky

Those who have suffered a personal injury in Kentucky may be eligible for compensation for their damages by filing a personal injury claim. Types of personal injury claims include auto accidents, slip and fall accidents, motorcycle crashes, trucking accidents, cycling crashes, and more. These accidents can lead to life-altering injuries, and a personal injury lawyer can help you maneuver the claims process and determine the value of your claim.

How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim in Kentucky?

If you have been injured in an accident in Kentucky, you have a limited time for pursuing a claim against the responsible party. You will need to maintain supporting evidence and documentation. You have a time limit for pursuing a claim after an accident.

In Kentucky, you have one-year from the date of the incident to file your claim against the liable party. If you wait until that deadline has passed, you cannot recover damages.

You will need to first send a demand letter to the insurer of the liable party. This letter should include copies of supporting evidence and documentation. Also, provide details about when the accident happened, where it happened, how it happened, and why the other party was liable for your damages along with proof of your damages.

How Do I Prove Negligence?

Kentucky is one of 12 states that uses pure comparative negligence. That means there is no limit as to the percentage of a plaintiff can be at fault for the accident to end in a lawsuit. That means even if you are 90 percent to blame for the crash and the other driver is only 10 percent at fault, you can file a personal injury claim to recover compensation for their percentage of damages. For example, if your damages were $100,000 and they were 10 percent to blame, they could be held responsible for $10,000 of damages.

All four elements of negligence must be proven. That means that you must show that the other party owed you a duty or a responsibility to act in a certain way, then you must show that duty was breached, that the breach of that duty led to the accident in question, and that the accident in question resulted in your damages. You will then need to provide proof of those damages.

Personal Injury Help in Kentucky

What Kind of Compensation Can I Receive?

You can recoup compensation for the damages suffered because of the accident. That may include medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, permanent scarring and disfigurement, property damages, mental anguish, and so forth. Of course, the more serious the accident and the more serious the injuries, and the more medical expenses that you have, then the more you can recover for your damages.

How Do I Get Personal Injury Help in Kentucky?

If you have suffered injuries in an accident in Kentucky, you may be eligible to recover compensation for your losses if you can prove that the other party was negligent. Complete the Free Case Evaluation to get connected with an independent, participating attorney who subscribes to the website and takes cases in Kentucky.

Additional Resources

Do You Need Help Getting Justice In Your State?

Find out more below.


  • Arkansas    
  • California    
  • Connecticut    
  • Florida    
  • Georgia    
  • Idaho    
  • Indiana
  • Louisiana    
  • Maryland    
  • Massachusetts   
  • Michigan   
  • Missouri    
  • Montana    
  • Nevada    
  • New Hampshire    
  • New Jersey    
  • New Mexico    
  • New York    
  • South Carolina    
  • Texas    
  • Utah    
  • Virginia    
  • West Virginia    
  • Wisconsin    
  • Wyoming