Like any fast food restaurant, if you go onto McDonald’s premises, you expect the grounds to be free from obstacles, clean, and safe.
If the fast food restaurant acted negligently and it caused you to suffer a slip and fall, you can pursue a personal injury claim against the restaurant chain. You will need to maintain evidence and documentation to support your claim and to help you prove your damages.
Here are five things to do if you slipped and fell:
1. Speak with the witnesses. Having other witnesses is important. They can confirm your story. By having witnesses, you can prove what happened. When your claim is supported by witnesses, the likelihood of a successful personal injury claim increases significantly.
2. Take photos. If you can, you should take photos of your accident scene. Get photos of all angles and of your visible injuries.
3. Call an ambulance if your injuries are serious. When the ambulance is called, the police will also respond, and an accident report will be completed. You will need to keep a copy of the accident report for your records. This will help you with your personal injury claim and will help show what happened, how it happened, and the injuries that you suffered. It will be used to connect your injuries to the accident.
4. Establish medical care. You will need to get medical care right away. When you delay care, it might be assumed that your injuries weren’t related to the slip and fall at McDonald’s, or any other fast food restaurant. Be sure to continue with follow-up care, as that is essential to the success of your personal injury claim.
5. Consult with a personal injury attorney. If you have been injured in a slip and fall, you should consider enlisting the help of a personal injury lawyer who is licensed in your state. An accident injury attorney will review the details of your case and determine the best way to proceed with your accident injury claim against. Personal injury attorneys work on a contingency basis, so you have nothing to lose and no out-of-pocket expense.
If you are involved in a slip and fall at McDonald’s, or any other fast food restaurant, you need to do everything that you can to protect your rights and maintain documentation and evidence to support your personal injury claim against the restaurant. You are entitled to recover compensation for your damages. Some of the more common damages claimed in a slip and fall accident include past and future medical bills and lost wages, pain and suffering, mental anguish, loss of enjoyment of life as well as loss of consortium.
You should maintain documentation, such as medical bills, medical records, proof of missed work, and other records. These will support your claim and show which damages you suffered and help put a value on your claim.
Consult With a PI Lawyer
Get your personal injury claim on the right track today. Complete the Free Case Evaluation on this page to go over the details of your case. A lawyer will be able to help make sure you have enough evidence and documentation for your claim.
*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against any party and/or McDonald's, or any other party, you may not be entitled to any compensation.