Where you injured in a car accident or hurt while shopping in a store? If this has happened to you, there are steps you should take following the incident. This is especially true if you want to file a personal injury claim.
Personal injury claims rely heavily on evidence. Depending on the accident, you may needed different types of evidence.
For example, after an auto accident, you should contact the police so that a police report is filed. If you slipped and fell in a store due to the store's negligence, you should notify the store's manager. Doing these can help support your claim and its authenticity.
How Attorneys Can Help
No matter if you accidentally slipped and fell or were in a car accident, you should always consider talking with a personal injury lawyer. An experienced attorney will know what you need to do after your incident as well as how to present the information in a successful manner.
If you were not able to gather information right away (such as witness statements because you had to rush to the hospital) a personal injury attorney can help you retrieve these and use them in your claim.
If you're not sure what you should do after an auto accident, consult the lists before for our top things you should do after an injury that is at no fault of your own! Following these guides can help support your personal injury claim.
- Five Things to Do After an Accident With a Car Not Using Headlights
- Five Things to do After Being In an Accident With USPS*
- Five Things to do After Debris Damaged Your Car
- Things to Do After Someone Ran a Red Light and Hit Me
- Five Things to do After Someone Slashes Your Tires
- Five Things to do After You Were Hit By a Greyhound Bus*
- Five Things to do If Someone Hit Your Parked Car
- Five Things to do if You Were Driven Off the Road
- Five Things to do if You Were in an Accident with a UPS Truck
- Five Things to do if You Were in an Accident with a Western Express Truck
- Five Things to do if Your Car was Damaged by a Tow Truck
- Five Things to do If Your Car Was Hit By a FedEx* Truck
- Five Things to do If Your Car Was Hit By a Merging Car
- Five Thing to do If Your Engine Was Damaged In a Crash
- Five Things to do If Your Frame Was Damaged In a Crash
Slip and Fall
- Five Things to do If You Slipped And Fell In McDonald’s*
- Five Things to do After I Slipped And Fell In Speedway*
- Five Things to do If You Slipped And Fell In Walmart*
- Four Thing to do After a Slip and Fall at Pilot Flying J
- Things To Do After I Slipped and Fell at a Kroger
- Things To Do After I Slipped and Fell at a Motel 6
- Things To Do After I Slipped and Fell at Dollar Tree
- Four Things to do If You Slipped And Fell In Burger King*