If you are involved in a crash with Western Express or any other trucking company, you can pursue a personal injury claim to recoup compensation for your damages. Here are five things to do if you were in an accident with a truck:
- Always stay on the scene of the accident and call the police. If you have serious injuries, call an ambulance as well. The officer will come to the accident scene and complete an accident report. This report is essential for your personal injury claim for your damages. Be sure to tell the officer what happened – your account of the crash should include only facts, not opinions.
- Take photos of the accident scene. You can use your smartphone to do this. Get photos from all angles and get pictures of all the damage. You should also photograph any visible injuries. These photos will give a look into the crash scene and can help insurance adjusters and investigators determine liability.
- Check to determine if there are any witnesses. Corroborating witnesses can significantly help your personal injury claim. You will want to get written statements from any witnesses and ask them to provide their names and contact details. You will need to contact them later to help you with the claims process. The adjuster might want to speak with them and confirm details.
- Establish medical care. Don’t postpone getting medical treatment. You will want to make sure you establish care with a reputable care facility. Continue with any follow-up care. You want to make a full recovery, and the personal injury claim should cover your medical costs for care pertaining to the crash injuries. Maintain records to support your claim. Keep copies of medical bills, medical excuses, medical records, proof of missed work and lost wages, and any other documentation that shows the losses that you suffered.
- Enlist the help of a personal injury lawyer. Personal injury attorneys work on a contingency basis, so you should talk with an accident injury lawyer who is licensed in your state right away. Your attorney will not get paid until you are compensated for your losses through a judgment or a settlement against Western Express. There is a strict statute of limitations, so don’t wait until it is too late to pursue a personal injury claim against Western Express or any other trucking company. Complete the Free Case Evaluation Form and have your accident reviewed by a personal injury attorney who works in your area.
The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against Western Express or any other party, you may not be entitled to any compensation.