Like any truck stop, Pilot Flying J owes its consumers a duty to keep its premises safe. If there is a spill on the floor and they fail to clean it up in a timely manner. If you suffer a slip and fall, you may be eligible to recover compensation for your damages through a personal injury claim.
A personal injury lawyer will help you with the claims process. With the help of a lawyer you can prove that your injuries were caused by the negligence of the truck stop.
What To Do After a Slip and Fall At a Truck Stop
Here are five things you should do after a slip and fall:
- The first step is to notify the manager of that slip and fall accident. Explain what happened, how you fell, why you fell, and your injuries. The manager of the store will need to complete an accident report. You will need a copy of the accident report for your records.
- Ask witnesses for statements regarding your accident. You will want them to detail what they saw, why you were injured, and the extent of your injuries. Witness statements can indicate that the accident was caused by negligence and that they are liable for the damages that you suffered.
- Check to see if there were any video cameras in the area. These cameras can help prove what happened. Often, a personal injury claim can be resolved by a video recording for an accident.
- Establish medical care. You will need to seek treatment for your injuries right away. Failure to establish your medical care right away could destroy your personal injury claim. Keep copies of your medical bills, proof of lost wages, and any other supporting documentation. Follow up with your medical care. Keep copies of all your medical excuses and restrictions.
- Consult with a personal injury attorney. With the help of a lawyer, you are much more likely to have a successful personal injury claim. Personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, so they will not be paid until you get a judgment or settlement for your damages suffered in the slip and fall.
Work With a Lawyer
There is a strict statute of limitations for pursuing a personal injury claim, so if you wait too long you will lose your right to pursue a personal injury claim. Complete the Free Case Evaluation on this page to go over your case with a lawyer today!
*The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against Pilot Flying J, or any other party, you may not be entitled to any compensation.