As a multinational courier delivery service, FedEx has headquarters in Memphis, Tennessee. As the eighth largest employer in the United States, FedEx has 357,000 employees. The company also has tens of thousands of vehicles to transport packages and letters to customers.
With thousands of trucks traveling along the roadways and through neighborhoods, the chances of your vehicle being hit by a FedEx truck are high. You will need to file a personal injury claim against FedEx to recover compensation for your damages. Here are five things to do if your car was hit by a FedEx truck:
1. Contact the Police. The first step to proving that your car was damaged by FedEx is to call the police. The police will come out to the accident scene and complete a police report. They will investigate the accident and assess the damages. This report can prove that your damages were caused by the FedEx truck. The officer will talk with you, the FedEx driver, and with any witnesses.
2. Talk to any witnesses. You will want to get statements from any witnesses, and you will want them to include their names and contact details. When witnesses can confirm your story and verify that the damage was caused by a FedEx truck hitting your car, your chances of a successful personal injury claim against FedEx will increase significantly.
3. Take Photos. Take photos of the accident scene and of the damages sustained by your car and the FedEx truck. Get pictures from all angles, so the entire situation could be revealed. This will help support your claim and can be submitted with the demand letter as evidence to FedEx and their insurance company.
4. Check for any video cameras in the nearby vicinity. The entire incident could have been caught by a surveillance camera in the area. Many parking lots, businesses, and even residences have cameras in use now to record activity in the nearby area. If there was a camera that caught the incident on tape, it could be all the evidence that you need to recover compensation for the damages your vehicle suffered when it was hit by a FedEx truck.
5. Get the help of a personal injury attorney. With the help of an accident injury lawyer, the odds of a successful personal injury claim increase significantly. Personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, which means that you will not have to spend anything out-of-pocket. Your lawyer will not get paid until you receive your compensation for the damages from the accident.
Contact a Lawyer
If your car was hit by a FedEx truck, you will want to be compensated for your damages. Fill out the Free Case Evaluation Form on this page to have the details of your personal injury claim reviewed by an accident injury lawyer who handles such claims in your area. With the right planning, and if you have done these five things, the chances of recovering compensation increase significantly. Don’t wait until it is too late to pursue a personal injury claim.