If you suffered injuries because of a slip and fall in Speedway, or any other gas station, you can pursue a personal injury claim to recover compensation for your damages. You will need to do everything that you can to protect your rights and make sure you have gathered evidence and documentation that helps support your claim.
Five Things To Do After a Slip and Fall
Here are five things you should do after a slip and fall in a gas station:
- First, be sure to notify a manager. If your injuries are serious, call for an ambulance. The gas station will need to complete an accident report that details what happened. Be sure to give a clear account of what you were doing, how you slipped and fell, and then what injuries you suffered.
- Check to see if there are any witnesses. Witnesses are very helpful to personal injury claims and can back up your story. Ask them to provide you with written statements and ask them to include their names and contact details. If you can, take photos of the accident scene. This can go with the witness statements.
- Next, you must establish medical care. You should seek treatment right away. Postponing your medical treatment can result in the loss of your personal injury claim. You need to maintain thorough documentation to support your claim, such as medical bills/records, and proof of wages that were lost because you could not work.
- Check to see if there were any surveillance cameras that caught your fall on tape. If your accident was recorded, that can take care of your personal injury claim against the gas station much more quickly. The video will show why you fell, how you fell, and will prove the gas statoin is liable for your damages.
- Then last, but not least, you should enlist the help of a personal injury lawyer. A personal injury attorney will be able to help you through the claims process. Personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, which means your lawyer will not be paid until you get compensated for your damages. You will not have any out-of-pocket expenses or upfront costs.
Knowing what to do to protect your rights after a slip and fall at a business, such as Speedway, is imperative to the success of your personal injury claim. Personal injury claims can be challenging, and with the help of an attorney, you can recover compensation for your damages.
Damages You May Suffer From a Slip and Fall
You could suffer a variety of damages in a slip and fall. Here are some common damages claimed in such accidents:
- Medical bills – past and future
- Lost wages – past and future
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
All these damages add up, and your personal injury lawyer will know which damages you have suffered and the total value of your claim. Complete the Free Case Evaluation on this page to go over your claim with a lawyer.
*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against Speedway or any other party, you may not be entitled to any compensation.