We hope you find this information helpful!

If you need help with your personal injury case, click here.

Do You Need a Lawyer for a Slip and Fall at 7-Eleven?*

When you visit a conveinence store, it is only normal to expect the floor to be maintained and safe to keep you from injuries. If you suffer a slip and fall because of the negligence of the employees or the store operators, then you can recover damages by pursuing a personal injury claim. You will need to do everything to protect your rights, gather documentation, and support your claim.

What to do After Your Slip and Fall

Convenience stores have surveillance cameras. Check to see if your fall might have been recorded by a camera. Ask to see if there are any witnesses. If so, ask them to provide written statements and to include their names and contact details. You should notify a store employee, specifically a manager, and make them aware of your slip and fall.

If it is physically possible for you to do so, you should get photos of the accident scene. If you have visible injuries, get pictures of them as well. Make note of any damages to the floor or any spills – anything that could have caused the slip and fall that left you injured.

Documentation and evidence are necessary for a successful personal injury claim.

Determining the Damages You Suffered in a Slip and Fall

A 7-Eleven slip and fall could leave you with serious injuries. Gather all your medical records and medical bills. Add up the bills then use a multiplier ranging from 1 to 5 to determine your pain and suffering. If you suffered a broken arm requiring surgical intervention that multiplier will most likely be a 5. If you suffered a soft tissue injury, such as a pulled muscle, the multiplier may be a 1 or 1.5.

Think about how the injury will affect your future and think of future medical costs and the future loss of earnings, mental anguish, loss of enjoyment of life, any permanent scarring and disfigurement, property damages – such as broken eyeglasses, and other expenses or losses pertaining to the slip and fall. Documentation to support those losses, such as medical bills, proof of lost wages, photos of the injuries, prescription receipts, witness statements, and so forth. A personal injury attorney who is licensed in your state will help you through the process.

Consult with a Personal Injury Attorney

If a slip and fall left you injured and suffering damages, you will need to consult with a personal injury lawyer. Accident injury attorneys work on a contingency basis, so you will not pay anything upfront. Complete the Free Case Evaluation Form on this page today to have a lawyer in your area review the details of your case. Remember, time is of the essence for pursing a personal injury claim against them.

Additional Resources


The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against 7-Eleven or any other party, you may not be entitled to any compensation.