We hope you find this information helpful!

If you need help with your personal injury case, click here.

What To Do If Hit By a City's Police Car

Police and law enforcement cars can often be seen when you're out on the road. If you were hit by a city's police car and experienced injuries or damages, you may be entitled to compensation.

This compensation can be used to cover any medical bills, car repair costs and other bills or damages you have from the accident. To be eligible to file a claim and receive compensation, you must be able to prove the police officer was at fault for the accident. You'll need to provide documentation, statements, and other evidence to support your claim that you did not cause the accident and that your damages were directly from it.

How To File a Claim For an Accident With a City's Police Car

If you were hit by a city's police car, you will need to file a claim against that city. This may involve more steps than filing a personal injury claim against a non-government entity. You will need to file a Notice of Claim that you can get from the City's Attorneys office. With this, you'll need to submit your evidence proving the officer was at fault, cost of your injuries and damages, and any other supporting evidence.

The claim will then be investigated by the city. If they fail to respond or your claim is denied, you may be able to file a personal injury claim.

Get Help With Your Claim

Filing a claim for damages after an accident with a city's police car can be challenging. You may want to consider seeking legal help when filing the claim. A personal injury attorney can help you navigate the claims process.

A lawyer can help you gather evidence, file a claim and negotiate on your behalf. Complete the Free Case Evaluation on this page to get the details of you claim looked over by a personal injury lawyer that takes cases in your area today!

For more information on filing after an accident with a specific city's police car, see below: