There are millions of car crashes reported every year, and many of those accidents involve motorcycles. If you have involved in a car accident that left your motorcycle with damage, you can file a personal injury claim to recoup compensation to cover the costs of your property damages. Personal injury claims are challenging, so you will need to consult with an auto accident injury attorney who handles property damage claims in your state.
Supporting Evidence And Documentation for Motorcycle Damage
Many damages could result from an auto accident. If your motorcycle was damaged in a car crash, you will need to do a few things to ensure you have protected rights, gathered evidence, and maintained documentation that show your losses and show liability. Here are a few tips regarding what to do after an auto accident.
- Don’t leave the scene of the accident. You will need to call the police and ensure an accident report is completed. This accident report will include the details about the crash, will list the damages, and will indicate if there were injuries. Usually, the officer will investigate and determine preliminary fault.
- Get photos of the accident scene from all angles. Be sure to get close-ups of the damages. These photos can prove that your motorcycle damage was caused by the crash. These photos can also show point of impact and help prove the cause of the crash.
- Check to see if there are any witnesses. If there are witnesses, ask them to provide written statements. Also, get their names and contact details.
- Get checked by a medical professional even if you don’t think your injuries are serious. Some injuries could be worse than you initially believe, and you will want to be able to connect them to the car accident that left you with the motorcycle damage.
- Maintain supporting documentation, such as medical bills, medical records, proof of missed work and lost wages, damage repair estimates, photos of the accident scene, the accident report, and witness statements. The more documentation you have, the more effective your claim.
Personal injury claims are challenging, so be sure you gather up all the supporting evidence that you can after your motorcycle was damaged in a car crash.
Consult With A Personal Injury Attorney
If a car accident left you with motorcycle damages, you will need to enlist the help of a personal injury attorney who is licensed in your state. An auto accident injury lawyer will aggressively pursue your claim and help you recover the compensation you deserve because of the damages that you suffered. You will need to explain the motorcycle damages that you sustained and provide your lawyer with photos and repair estimates as well as a copy of the accident report. There are strict deadlines for pursuing a personal injury claim, so don’t wait until it is too late to recover compensation for your damages. Get your free case evaluation today, so you can make sure your motorcycle damages are covered by the at-fault driver.