You are here

What to Do if in an Accident with VTA* in Fremont, California

The Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) is responsible for specific highway improvement projects, public transit services, congestion management, and countywide transportation planning for Santa Clara County, California.

It is one of Caltrain commuter rail line’s governing parties. VTA offers bus and light rail services, with 82 buses and three light rail vehicles.

It has 62 stations for the system that is 42.2 miles long. Founded in 1973, VTA has a daily ridership of more than 142,100 people as of 2013. In 1995, SCVTA was created from the merger of the County Congestion Management Agency then the acronym was shortened to VTA.

If you have suffered injuries in an accident with VTA, you might be able to recoup compensation by pursuing a personal injury claim.

What Kinds of Damages Might Result From an Accident with VTA in Fremont, CA

An accident involving VTA can lead to serious damages and life-altering injuries. Your entire family can be affected financially.

You might be injured as a passenger on a VTA bus that crashes or a train that derails. You could be hit by a bus as a pedestrian or you might be in a passenger vehicle that is hit by a VTA vehicle.

If you have been in an accident with VTA, you should report it to authorities right away and have an accident report completed.

You will need to establish medical care right away, and maintain documentation to support your claim, such as medical bills, prescription receipts, proof of lost wages, repair estimates, and medical bills.

Here are common damages suffered in such accidents.

  • Past and future medical bills
  • Past and future lost wages
  • Pain and suffering
  • Loss of enjoyment of life
  • Loss of consortium
  • Property damages
  • Permanent scarring and disfigurement
  • Disabilities

What to Do If You’re in an Accident with VTA in Fremont, CA

Pursuing a Personal Injury Claim Against VTA in Fremont

Government entities have sovereign immunity to protect them from lawsuits. But, the California Tort Claims Act allows claims if damages are caused by an employee’s gross negligence. To pursue a claim, you will need to file a notice of claim with the clerk’s office within six months of the injury.

You will need to provide all supporting evidence to show your injuries, the kid of accident, and your related expenses. If your claim is denied or you can’t reach a fair settlement, you can then file a lawsuit.

Consult with a Fremont Personal Injury Attorney

If you have been injured in an accident with the VTA in Fremont, you should consult with a personal injury lawyer who is licensed in the state of California.

Accident injury attorneys work on a contingency basis, so you have nothing to lose. Your lawyer will not be paid until you are compensated for your damages.

To get your claim on track, complete the Free Case Evaluation Form on this page today so an attorney in the Fremont area can review the details of your case and determine how to proceed with your claim.

Additional Resources

*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against the VTA, or any other party, you may not be entitled to any compensation.

Call Now For a Free Case Evaluation: 844-650-3888