You are here

What to do if You Are in an Accident with WeGo Public Transit*

WeGo Public Transit is the provider of public transportation in Nashville, Tennessee. Formerly known as the Nashville Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA), the agency was founded in 1973. It consists of paratransit and city buses that serve Nashville and Davidson County. With the Music City Central hub, six stations, and 55 routes, the transit authority has 137 buses and 40 AccessRide vehicles with a daily ridership of about 30,000 people. If you have been involved in an accident with WeGo Public Transit, you might be able to recoup compensation for your damages by pursuing a personal injury claim against the transit authority.

What Kinds of Damages Might be Suffered in an Accident with WeGo?

An accident involving a WeGo vehicle could lead to life-altering injuries. You will face both economic and non-economic damages. You should notify the proper authorities to ensure an accident report is completed. Be sure to seek medical care right away. Putting off the establishment of medical treatment could negatively affect your accident injury claim. Maintain documentation to support your claim, such as medical bills, proof of missed work and lost wages, medical records, and property damage estimates. Here are some of the different kinds of injuries that might result from an accident involving WeGo.

  • Future and past medical bills
  • Future and past lost wages
  • Pain and suffering
  • Property damages
  • Mental trauma
  • Loss of enjoyment of life
  • Loss of consortium
  • Personal Injury Attorneys in Nashville

    Pursuing a Personal Injury Claim against WeGo

    While you can pursue a personal injury claim against WeGo, it will be much different from a claim against an individual. Pursuing claims against government entities are much more challenging. Filing a lawsuit against a government entity can be complicated. Government bodies have immunity against some lawsuits, so depending on the kind of injury and whether you can prove negligence, you may or may not have a claim. You will have to initially file a notice of intent with the city to let them know you have suffered damages, how and when the accident occurred, and how much you expect for settlement. If they don’t respond, or if your claim is denied, your attorney can then file a lawsuit. There are damage caps in place, so you are limited on the amount of compensation you can recover for your damages.

    Consult with a Personal Injury Attorney

    Pursuing a personal injury claim against a government entity in Tennessee is challenging. You should consult with a personal injury attorney. Failing to turn in the paperwork on time or providing all the requested information could keep you from pursuing your personal injury claim against WeGo at all. An accident injury attorney who is licensed to practice in Tennessee knows the laws and the processes to ensure your rights are protected and your claim is well-established. You have nothing to lose, so complete the Free Case Evaluation Form today to get your claim on the right track!


    The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against WeGo, or any other party, you may not be entitled to any compensation.

Call Now For a Free Case Evaluation: 844-650-3888