Help! I Got Hurt in a Cinnabon!*

Slipping up or tripping over on an uneven, wet or slippery surface is much more common than you realize. Of course, not everyone ends up flat on their back or in hospital. If you are lucky you may just experience a feeling of embarrassment, or suffer the odd bruise. If you are not so lucky, you could be badly injured.

These more serious injuries may require extensive treatment and you may have to take a lot of time away from your work or your business just to recover. If the accident was not your fault, you may have grounds for filing a personal injury claim if you can clearly identify who was at fault in your opinion.

An experienced accident lawyer can help you with your claim.

How Can You Get Hurt at a bakery?

Most of the time bakeries, stores, kiosks and restaurants are not likely to have many hazards left for customers to slip or trip over on. However, it is still possible. When someone slips over unexpectedly, the typical injuries include:

  • Minor cuts and bruises
  • Gashes or deeper cuts if something sharp is encountered
  • Burns or scalds if hot food or drinks spilled on exposed skin during the fall
  • Broken bones, especially limbs
  • Sprained or dislocated joints

More serious injuries which could need major surgery or long term treatment are always possible. The most serious slip and fall injuries are when the brain or spine is damaged.

This is possible when the floor surface is particularly hard. This is typically the place where food is sold which could be a bakery as it is regarded as more easy to keep clean.

How a PI Attorney Can Help You

Claims for compensation after a spill in a bakery can get complicated. Successful claims do depend on a satisfactory level of evidence proving who was at fault and why.

A personal injury attorney with experience in these sorts of accidents can help you with your case.


The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against Cinnabon, or any other party, you may not be entitled to any compensation.