Ran Off the Road in Florida

If you have been run off the road in Florida, you have most likely suffered injuries and damages. You might be able to recover compensation for those damages resulting from the accident by pursuing a personal injury claim against the other driver.

If you have been run off the road, it was most likely because the other driver wasn't paying attention or wasn't adhering to traffic regulations.

Florida is a pure comparative negligence state, so even if you are 99% at fault for the accident you can recover damages from the other driver for the other 1% of damages.

You just have to prove how the driver's negligence contributed to the crash. If you can prove the driver was speeding, failing to maintain control of the vehicle, or driving while distracted, you have proven your case.

How Negligence Plays A Role In Being Run Off The Road in Florida

If a driver crosses the line and runs another vehicle off the road, he or she is negligent. Violating traffic laws, driving recklessly, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, speeding, or driving while distracted all signify negligence behind the wheel.

If you can prove the other driver was negligent, you can have a successful personal injury claim. Documentation, evidence and eyewitness statements can help you prove fault or negligence in a car accident.

Most car accidents could be avoided, so you can prove negligence contributed. By doing that, you can build a strong case against the driver who caused the accident.

Ran Off the Road in Florida

Damages That Might Result From Being Ran Off The Road in Florida

Being run off the road can lead to major damages to your vehicle. You will need to get a written estimate for repairing any damages to your vehicle. Take photos of the damage as well. Keep copies of medical bills, medical records, prescription records, and any other expenses related to your injuries.

You will also have lost wages and maybe even future lost wages. Other damages include pain and suffering, mental trauma, and loss of enjoyment of life.

Maintain documentation that shows your injuries and damages so you can include all your losses in your personal injury claim. You want to make sure you are treated fairly after an auto accident.

Consult With A Personal Injury Attorney in Florida

If you have been run off the road in Florida, you should consult with a personal injury attorney. Your attorney will investigate the accident and go over the accident report. All the documentation and evidence will be gathered and used to build a claim against the other driver.

Working on a contingency basis, you will not have to pay your attorney anything out of pocket or upfront to get your claim started. Florida has a statute of limitations for pursuing a personal injury claim, so you should consult with a personal injury attorney right away.

Schedule your free consultation with a lawyer so you can get on track to a successful personal injury claim.

Additional Resources