You are here

Accident with Valley Regional Transit in Boise City*

Valley Regional Transit, which operates as ValleyRide, is the main provider of mass transit services in the Boise, Idaho metropolitan area.

There are 21 routes operating throughout Ada County and 9 of those provide services to Boise and its immediate suburbs six days a week. Canyon County has three interlined routes and six inter-county commuter lines are offered as well.

Altogether, ValleyRide has 32 routes and a fleet of about 50 buses operated by CNG or diesel. The transit authority provides about a million rides per year.

What Kinds of Damages Might Result From an Accident with Valley Regional Transit

You could be riding a bus that crashes, or you might suffer a fall while on a bus. You could be a pedestrian hit by a ValleyRide bus or you might be in a car that was hit by a bus. Either way, you could suffer life-altering injuries and face financial challenges because of your inability to work and your medical bills.

You should always report such accidents to the proper authorities. If possible, get photos at the accident scene. Establish medical care right away, as that is imperative for a successful personal injury claim.

Here are a few of the more common damages suffered in such accidents.

  • Past and future medical bills
  • Past and future lost wages
  • Pain and suffering
  • Loss of enjoyment of life
  • Loss of consortium
  • Property damages
  • Permanent scarring and disfigurement
  • Disabilities

What to Do If You’re in an Accident with Valley Regional Transit in Boise City

Pursuing a Personal Injury Claim Against Valley Regional Transit in Boise City

Pursuing a personal injury claim against Valley Regional Transit or any other government entity is not the same as pursuing a claim against an individual. You must file a notice of claim within two years of the accident with Boise City.

The notice of claim must include the details of the accident, including when, why and how it happened, why you think ValleyTransit is liable, and how much you expect to be compensated along with the documentation to support your claim.

The city will investigate your claim, then they will either deny or approve it. If your claim is denied, or if you don’t agree with the settlement, you can then file a lawsuit to recover damages.

Consult with a Boise Personal Injury Attorney

If you have suffered injuries in an accident involving Valley Regional Transit, you should consult with a personal injury attorney who is licensed to practice in Idaho.

You want an accident injury lawyer who is familiar with state and local laws, so they can determine how to proceed with your claim in a timely manner.

Boise personal injury attorneys work on a contingency basis, so you have nothing at all to lose. Your lawyer will not be paid until you are compensated for your damages.

Complete the Free Case Evaluation Form on this page to have the details of your case reviewed by an attorney in your area and get your claim on the right track.

Additional Resources

*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against the Valley Regional Transit or any other party, you may not be entitled to any compensation.

Call Now For a Free Case Evaluation: 844-650-3888